Beating the Shoplifters
Although it is extremely difficult to escape the impact of shoplifting altogether, there are steps that retailers can take that will help them not to be an easy target!
· Install a wall mounted CCTV monitor near to tills.
· If possible, try and use low-level aisles so you can see customers at all times. Use mirrors to avoid blind spots.
· Avoid placing high value items close to doors.
· Ensure all staff are well trained in spotting potential shoplifters.
· If you can, invest in a store security guard.
· If your retail outlet uses changing rooms, implement restrictions on access and have an attendant monitor all stock going in and coming out. Monitor the fitting rooms frequently for garments left behind. Look out for discarded price tags, security tags and hangers - these can be signs that shoplifting has occurred.